IMPORTANT! If you’re a store owner, please make sure you have Customer accounts enabled in your Store Admin, as you have customer based locks set up with EasyLockdown app. Enable Customer Accounts
MASUDA TOKUBEE SHOTEN
Brewery's commitments to sake making
- Dedicated to sake brewing for over 300 years
- While valuing the sense and characteristics of each season, we bring out the best of our handmade sake products. Through the 350-year-long sake culture, the tradition of Tajima Toji is still being passed down from generation to generation.
History and culture of the brewery
- Legendary brewery yielded from tradition and innovation
- As the home brewery of nigorizake and koshu, we will continue to take on new challenges such as low-alcohol sake and umakuchi-type sake that do not use polished rice. We are collaborating with artists from around the world and making sake as an art, and we want to flexibly incorporate various strengths into our sake.
JUNMAIGINJO STANDARDNew Junmai Ginjo from Kyoto whose unknown details entices one to drink it.
JUNMAI STANDARDNew Junmaishu from Kyoto whose unknown details entices one to drink it
Yanagi Junmai GinjoAuspicious sake that carries on the history and traditional culture of Kyoto
KasegigashiraAlso popular overseas! Easy-to-drink, low-alcohol junmaishu
Heiankyo Junmai DaiginjoPair text with an image to give focus to your chosen content.
Special Complete Set
Fushimi is located in the south of Kyoto, which is a famous sightseeing destination. Kyoto is said to have the same amount of groundwater as Lake Biwa, Japan’s largest lake located in neighboring Shiga Prefecture, and its delicious water plays a critical role in sake brewing.
- About the ingredients
- The Kyoto Sake Brewers Association worked with farmers to revive the cultivation of “Iwai” rice, Kyoto’s unique shuzo kotekimai, and developed “Kyo no Kagayaki” rice, Kyoto Prefecture’s unique Kakemai cultivar. In this way, sake rice unique to the area has been actively developed. They also focus on the development of Kyoto’s original yeast.
See Company Information
|Company name||MASUDA TOKUBEE SHOTEN CO., LTD.|
|Address||135, Shimotoba Osada-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-8471|
|Founded||1675 (Enpo 3)|
AwardsMembership: Fushimi Sake Brewers Association (Kyoto Sake Makers Association, Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Association)
-Notable efforts:Our brewery is famous as the pioneer of “Nigorizake” (1964), the first sparkling Japanese sake in Japan. We are also known as a pioneer of koshu that stores Jyunmai ginjo for up to 55 years to mature, by having all matured koshu “Kohaku Hikari” stored in jars since 1965. In addition to sake brewing, we grow rice on about 20 hectares of pesticide-free fields with farmers. The president himself takes part in rice planting and harvesting, and brews sake rice that he has grown, so he is very precise about sake brewing and passionate about sake. We also continue to take on the challenge of new types of sake brewing, such as low-alcohol sake for young people.